Over 90 delegations of world leaders from 70 countries will make their way to Israel to pay their respects at the funeral of the late Ninth President Shimon Peres
Update from the Office of the Ninth President of the State of Israel, Shimon Peres: Asof , more than 90 delegations from 70 countries are expected to arrive in Israel for the funeral of Shimon Peres including:
1. The United States delegation led by the President of the United States Barak Obama, accompanied by Former President Bill Clinton, Secretary of State John Kerry, and National Security Advisor Susan Rice.
2. The European Council delegation led by the President of the European Council Donald Tusk.
3. The European Union delegation led by the High Representative of the European Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy Federica Mogherini and Vice-President of the European Parliament David Sassoli.
4. The UNESCO delegation led by the Director-General of UNESCO Irina Georgieva Bokova.
5. The United Kingdom delegation led by Prince Charles, accompanied by Former Prime Ministers Tony Blair and David Cameron, and Foreign Minister Boris Johnson.
6. The French delegation led by the President of France Francois Hollande, accompanied by Former President Nicolas Sarkozy and Mayor of Paris Anne Hidalgo.
7. The German delegation led by the President of Germany Joachim Gauck accompanied by Minister of Foreign Affairs Frank-Walter Steinmeier.
8. The Canadian delegation led by the Prime Minister of Canada Justin Trudeau, accompanied by Foreign Minister Stéphane Dion, Former Prime Minister Stephen Harper, and a host of additional Former Prime Ministers.
9. The Mexican delegation headed by the President of Mexico Enrique Peña Nieto accompanied by Secretary of Foreign Affairs Claudia Ruiz Massieu.
10. The Dutch delegation led by the Prime Minister of the Netherlands Mark Rutte.
11. The Spanish delegation headed by the King of Spain Felipe VI accompanied by Minister of Foreign Affairs José García-Margallo.
12. The Italian delegation led by the Prime Minister of Italy Matteo Renzi.
13. The Greek delegation led by the Former Prime Minister of Greece George Papandreou and the President of Greece Prokopis Pavlopoulos.
14. The Polish delegation led by the President of Poland Andrzej Duda.
15. The Swiss delegation led by the President of the Swiss Confederation Johann Schneider-Ammann.
16. The Austrian delegation led by the President of the National Council of Austria Doris Bures, accompanied by Minister of Foreign Affairs Sebastian Kurz and Former President Heinz Fischer.
17. The Finnish delegation led by the Prime Minister of Finland Juha Sipilä.
18. The Swedish delegation led by the Prime Minister of Sweden Stephen Levin.
19. The Ukrainian delegation headed by the President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko.
20. The Latvian delegation headed by the President of Latvia Raimonds Vējonis.
21. The Lithuanian delegation headed by the President of Lithuania Dalia Grybauskaitė.
22. The Luxembourg delegation headed by the Grand Duke of Luxembourg Henri de Luxembourg.
23. The delegation from the Vatican led by Archbishop Antonio Franco.
24. The Côte d’Ivoire delegation headed by the President of Côte d’Ivoire Alassane Ouattara, accompanied by Foreign Minister and Finance Minister.
25. The Togolese delegation headed by the President of Togo Faure Gnasingbh.
26. The Portuguese delegation headed by the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Portugal Augusto Santos Silva.
27. The Brazilian delegation headed by the Foreign Minister of Brazil Jose Seria.
28. The Turkish delegation headed by the Deputy Foreign Minister of Turkey Ahmet Yıldız.
29. The Chinese delegation headed by the Minister of Science and Technology Wan Gang, accompanied by ten representatives of the People's Republic of China.
30. The Singaporean delegation led by the Deputy Prime Minister of Singapore Tharman Shanmugaratnam and Minister of Defense Ng Eng Hen.
31. The Indian delegation led by the Minister of Science and Technology of India Harsh Vardhan.
32. The Australian delegation led by the Governor-General of Australia Peter Cosgrove and including the Secretary of Defense.
Photo Silvia G Golan
- Font Size
- Reading Mode