The Cabinet decided on a general lockdown starting at 14:00 tomorrow Friday, 25 September 2020, for two weeks, with an option to extend it.
.The Cabinet held a discussion to evaluate the necessary steps in light of the sharp jump in the morbidity data and the experts' forecasts, and decided on a general lockdown starting at 14:00 tomorrow Friday, 25 September 2020, for two weeks, with an option to extend it.
The full regulations with the list of workplaces that will be approved to operate under the lockdown restrictions will be issued later today pursuant to Cabinet approval.
The Cabinet decided on the following additional regulations:
* Closure of all workplaces, except essential workplaces that will operate according to the regulations that will be approved.
* Open-air markets will be closed.
* Stores that sell food and pharmacy products, and those that provide essential services will be allowed to continue operating.
* People are restricted from going more than 1,000 meters from their homes, except for reasons that will be approved.
* Prayers and demonstrations will be allowed in open areas only, up to 20 people and at a radius of no more than 1,000 meters from one's home. (Regarding demonstrations, the decision is subject to Knesset legislation).
* Synagogues will be closed during the lockdown, except for Yom Kippur prayers according to the outline that has been approved.
* Public transportation will operate in a reduced format.
* Air travel – The decision will be submitted for approval later today.
* A general lockdown in all sports sectors except for official international games.