PM Netanyahu Convenes Corona Cabinet for Further Discussion of Necessary Restrictions in Light of High Morbidity Data
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, today (Monday, 29 June 2020), convened the Corona Cabinet for further discussion of the necessary restrictions in light of the high morbidity data.
The Corona Cabinet ministers decided unanimously on the following steps to restrict social gatherings:
* Event halls and cultural events: Up to 250 in attendance
* Circumcisions and funerals: Up to 50 in attendance
Until 9 July 2020 – Up to 250 in attendance.
The public and hall owners are called upon to hold weddings in open spaces as much as possible.
From 9-31 July 2020, up to 250 in attendance in an open area. Indoor venues may be used up to 50% capacity and no more than 100 people.
* Houses of worship and other gatherings – up to 50 people.
* Higher education – Transition to online exams (except for instances agreed to between the Education Ministry and the Council for Higher Education.
* Work in the public sector – 30% work from home (as per the arrangements to be determined by the Civil Service Commissioner and with administrative flexibility for ministry director generals).