* Holocaust Remembrance Day ceremony at the Cameri Theater * Special ceremony to remember gay victims of the Holocaust * 'Zikaron B'Salon' and Holocaust survivor testimonials across Tel Aviv-Yafo *
Tel Aviv-Yafo, April 6 – Tel Aviv-Yafo will mark Holocaust Remembrance Day (Yom Hashoah), commencing tomorrow evening (Wednesday, April 7). For event coverage, please coordinate in advance with Tel Aviv-Yafo Municipality.
Central Holocaust Remembrance Day ceremony at the Cameri Theater
Wednesday, April 7, 8 p.m., Cameri Theater, 19 Shaul HaMelech Blvd.
The central Holocaust Remembrance Day ceremony at the Cameri Theater will be attended by Mayor Ron Huldai, hosted by Dvir Benedek and feature a series of songs and performances.
The ceremony will be held in accordance with Green Pass regulations. More details here: https://bit.ly/3sSS3Ph
Holocaust Remembrance Day Ceremony in memory of gay community victims
Wednesday, April 7, 7:30 p.m., Beit Ariela, 25 Shaul HaMelech Blvd.
Alternative reading excerpts, acting and singing performances, and a puppet show hosted by the "Proud Ensemble" and featuring an opera singer.
The ceremony will be held in accordance with Green Pass regulations. More details here (Hebrew): https://lgbtqcenter.org.il/yumhashoa/
Holocaust survivor testimonials: "Zikaron B'Salon" across Tel Aviv-Yafo
Commencing Wednesday, April 7, from 6 p.m., at community centers across the city (advance registration required)
- Zikaron B'Salon in Florentin (Hebrew): Join Dani Sheraf at the Florentin Community Center (74 Abarnabel St., 6:30 p.m.) and learn his mother’s story - the family’s sole survivor: https://bit.ly/3rQWnNJ
- Zikaron B'Salon at Gordon Pool (Hebrew): Join Italian Holocaust survivor Ada Bolotin at Gordon Pool (14 Eliezer Peri St., 6:30 p.m.), and learn her inspiring story at this open-air event: https://bit.ly/3wB98jl
- Zikaron B'Salon in Neve Tzedek (French): French speakers are invited to join an evening of remembrance with Clara Brodesh at the Neve Tsedek Community Center (22 Shabazi St., 7 p.m.): https://bit.ly/3rNBTW9
* Reminder: A two-minute siren will be sounded at 10 a.m. on Thursday, April 8 *
Picture of the memorial statue in Rabin Square. Credit to Barak Brinker